Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Worship in the Church

I believe that there are many different forms of worship, and I also believe that we can worship God in and through everything that we say and do. By worshiping God, I mean that we recognize that God is in control, and that He is our all-knowing, beautiful Creator, and He deserves all of our praise. In 1 Corinthians 10:13, it says "so whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God." We can bring glory to God by doing anything that is in His moral will for our lives. When we are following biblical morals, and following what Jesus commands us to do, we are bringing Him glory. I know so many people who call themselves Christians, but they think that all they have to do to be a "good Christian" is go to church and pray. This is an all too common misunderstanding. If we are to be Christians, all of our decisions have to based off of our faith. This includes what clothes we wear and what movies we watch or what music we listen to. By bringing God the glory, you are, in turn, worshiping Him, and thanking Him for all that He has done. Every Christian can constantly be worshiping God by making sure that we are always obeying what He asks of us. Personally, when I am in church and worship starts, I often feel the tug on my heart to lift my Hands to the Lord who has blessed me immensely every single day of my life. It is just as Dr. Caner said, if you feel like you are not "in the mood" to worship, then there is probably a whole lot of ungratefulness in your heart. When we learn to recognize the huge blessings that the Lord has given each and every one of us, and what He did when He sent His Son to die on the cross as a sacrifice to cover our sins, we cannot help but be so incredibly grateful, and to worship Him as often as we think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment